Hebridean Isles Trading Company - Island at the Edge
is based on the wonderful Isle of Skye.
We live here on our croft - Eilean Oir, 1 A Edinbane and are rebuilding our lives following a devastating house fire.
It takes time.... but progress is ongoing including the establishing of the 'Shed' which is where we now offer a range of bespoke products made from our wonderful wool supplied by our fabulous Hebridean and Black Cheviot, and new to us, the rare North Ronaldsay.
We now offer:
- Self-catering accommodation in our wonderful Caravan which has been our home for nearly 4 years - see our accommodation page.
- New!! Bed & Breakfast in our very, very new home right on the shore of Loch Greshornish - see our accommodation page.
- For sale, products & produce made by other crofters & croftesses here on Skye - see our knitwear page Also available here on the croft
- We produce specialist wool/yarn from our sheep including the rare pure Black Cheviot wool - see our wool page
- And we also deliver a range of traditional 'woolly' skills courses, including traditional Fisherman's Gansey knitting (working with 4/5 needles) Fairisle and Intarsia. Crochet, Patchwork and land-based skills linked to crofting and or smallholding courses - see our courses page.
We live 'off grid' and generate our own electricity via 21st Century technology including Solar panels.
We welcome visitors where we will gladly introduce you to the sheep and show you our progress here at Eilean Oir croft.
We will be updating this website with further information on our progress, including, rebuilding our business and home.
For any knitting courses, knitting commissions or product enquiries, you can contact us via email Hebridean Isles or use the contact form.
In the meantime you can keep up to date with happenings on the island via our
Facebook page: Island at the Edge
Twitter: IslandAtTheEdge and also on our blog
Where we are Located:
From Portree take the A850 heading for Dunvegan.
We are situated lochside next to the Camping & Caravan site in Edinbane.
Island at the Edge